Saturday, November 19, 2011

WEEK SIX

I FINALLY took a vacation from work on this week. I went to the library and checked out about 30 books on animals and wildlife and locked myself in my apartment and just drew the entire time. It WAS AWESOME.

Here is a link to a small sample of what I did, alone in the darkness of my home: http://steelmerkin.blogspot.com/2011/10/harpy-eagles-and-other-animals.html



The J Henry J State Fair.  You must be 'This' hairy and fat of stature
to ride the rides. But if you cannot ride, Have fun at the heavy petting zoo,
or the have some hand over hand spun Cotton Candy. But Avoid the
Clowns.  ...Avoid them at all costs...


I put in a lot of hours in at work, and this summer was particularly
stressful and busy.  I did a couple weeks in June that were 120 hours
easily, and 80 hours a week was the average until the end of August
(no exaggeration) and when I was cleared to finally take vacation,
my heart grew three sizes that day and I may have started lactating
from sheer joy.  I drew this  standing up, dancing singing in my kitchen
(no exaggeration)... Then I collapsed and slept for 27 hours straight.


I call this one. 'ThoughtProccess."


Noticeable body transformations are starting to happen at this time.
Healthy Diet and Exercise actually is WORKING!
Weird I know...


From Right to Left:
Little guy on the right, is my Trouble making mischievous side.
Second from right is the Guy that is just happy to be there and is
willing to do whatever he needs to do to help and make people
Happy. Middle right is the Grumpy bad attitude Wilson, the super
Jerk, and is a punk teenager and really, really hates going to
Costco because of the people who just leave their shopping carts
all willy nilly blocking the isle just so they can get to their precious
fucking sample tray of microwaved frozen burrito pizza nibs. 

Moving on. Left Middle is My feminine side, and as you can tell
she is quite the looker.  Second from Left is more of what my daily self
is, Father, Provider, hairy... and Far left, is my Werewolf side,
the dark primal side that hopefully no one has to cross unless they
truly deserve to.


Who is the real Puppet? Who is the real Weirdo? And why am I wearing a tie?
These answers we may never learn.


Ok. I have been doing this hardcore Nerd thing, where I have been going
though all of the Friday the 13th Movies, and cataloging Jason Vorhees's
Kill counts and his highly creative weapons of choice. (the Machete is
definitely 'Go To' killing device, followed closely by the Meat Cleaver and
Butcher Knife.) And when I got to Jason X (part 10) I had not seen it since
I was 15. And wow. IT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST MOVIE
I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVER. I would have gotten more out of just hitting
myself in the face with a snow shovel. A Snow shovel to the grill would
have made more sense... a lot more sense than this awful movie.


2 comments:

  1. The fam portrait is great. It would be my fav of Week 6 except for my love of the cinema and the great Jason movie-a-thon kill categorization project. I appreciate your commitment to the project (I made a half-assed attempt in college on Bond...3 1/2 movies in, I realized I hadn't been keeping enough stats...my premise was ill conceived...I promised to start over and do it right...and then life happened). Be sure to post your results and findings...sure to be worthy of a blip on the Playboy Stat Page or on Laffy Taffy wrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Fact, as I was starting the Friday the 13th stats, I thought to myself "This is something that Sully would do." HA!

    I would love to see you continue your work on The Bonds. Then we could both make the Laffy Taffy Wrapper!

    ReplyDelete